Boldly Moving Makers Forward
A powerful and respected advocate, the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association is the unifying voice of manufacturers at the State Capitol where laws and regulations can impact the bottom line. Whether it’s tax policy, environmental regulations, health care reform, or labor law, the IMA’s innovative and effective team of experts is on the front line every single day. We’re proud to be honored by The American Society of Association Executives for our successful legislative advocacy. Our successes are boldly moving makers forward in Illinois.More About the IMAJoin the IMA
In 2019, the IMA’s strong advocacy reduced taxes on employers by more than $700 million.
- Successfully championed a $45 billion infrastructure program to build and replace Illinois’ aging infrastructure.
- Enacted a new Manufacturers Purchase Credit eliminating sales tax on consumables used in the manufacturing process saving $40 million.
- Trained more than 10,000 manufacturing workers through the Employer Training Investment Program to build a world-class workforce.
- Created a new $3,500 apprenticeship tax credit to offset education expenses incurred by a manufacturer.
- Saved employers more than $400 million by eliminating a 0.3 percent unemployment insurance tax that would have cost businesses $38 per employee.
- Modernized the Telecommunications Act to allow for deployment of new 5G technology.
- Stopped efforts to require unionization in manufacturing facilities.
- Defeated efforts by the Cook County Assessor to shift higher property taxes on commercial and industrial taxpayers.